Saturday, September 3, 2011

FOOTBALL SATURDAYS ARE BACK

FOOTBALL SATURDAYS ARE BACK
Jr year, High School--1971-football photo!

I know a lot of you could care less, but this is a special time of year for me. Playing football afforded me a College Edumacation that I never would have received otherwise.

I never took it for granted--it was an honor to play!

I cannot believe how Athletes at the College level today believe these scholarships grant them immunity from study and Decency. How can they feel they are owed special treatment. It is a contract between a STUDENT ATHLETE and a School...to GET AN EDUCATION, REPRESENT YOURSELF, THE UNIVERSITY & YOUR COMMUNITY!

To ask for, or take anything more for this special ability that you have been given is a gross misrepresentation of your Gifts and Talents. It is humiliating to see Athletes names smeared all over the news for their stupid acts!

I still watch the game at the college level because I believe it is still the purest! Much more so than the NFL, NBA etc, where 20 million dollars in a 21 year old's pocket turns him/her into a Druggie Gang Banger Dog Fighting Thug, with no regard for the Law, forgetting where he/she came from and the people that helped him/her get to where he/she is today...
IN JAIL!  LOL.

Senior picture at SC!!!!  ar ar

(OK--not all athletes are like this- that is not a fair statement, but there are enough in the News to tarnish great Student Athletes, and Universities reputations..)



I'm just sick and tired of our Moral Compass and the gyroscope of decency, love, hope, honor.... totally busted!


SO--Let's enjoy some criminal's playing football tomorrow!

Go SEC, Gamecocks & Gators!!!!!


LOVE YOU ALL


WHAT IF ANYTHING TICKS YOU OFF, WHEN TAKEN FOR GRANTED AND TOTALLY MISUSED.


1. OUR TAX DOLLARS........ANY OTHERS?



LET'S TAKE OUT THE TRASH.................
JMc

4 comments:

  1. Honestly not much surprises me anymore so there are very few things that piss me off anymore. When I speak now, it's not from anger or pain but rather from experience that fire is hot so better to be holding the cool end of the stick than being poked with the fiery end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark--I like that approach!People have always said I'm too passive- and not passionate about things--THEY ARE WRONG! I just feel I have been granted the Wisdom to change the things I can ....and....

    Good stuff Bro!! This is just the odd rare rant, about something that used to be respected and not abused.

    BBB,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,
    Thanks for stopping by Thursday! I just saw your comment.
    Glad you enjoyed my shadow created by colander shot.

    My poor blog seems to get neglected these days because I have an addiction...to FarmVille! hahaha

    Takes a lot of time. Oh well. Could be worse. ;-)
    Looks like you and I are about the same age and you're retired? Lucky you. I'll never be able to retire at this rate.

    You have some great photos on your blog.

    I remember all that stuff you listed. We're not old, just experienced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti--You are so kind and I'm glad you like the pics top by anytime!!!!

    Regards,

    John

    And I Loved that Colander shot- and also Love Blueberries too-!!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: