Friday, May 14, 2010

I FINALLY FOUND THE NAME SOMETHING I TOOK A PICTURE OF!

I FINALLY IDENTIFIED SOMETHING:

I took a  picture of this little guy in the field behind my house--man he was fast!!
And I finally was able to look something up that has a NAME!!!

AND HERE HE IS:



Six-lined Racerunners are found throughout South Carolina. They are the only representative of the genus of whiptail lizards found east of the Mississippi River. Their range extends from Maryland through Florida and west to Kentucky to Mississippi, except for mountain areas.
Adults are about 9 inches in total length, with the tail about 2/3 of the total length. Their scales are small, but not shiny, and the skin wrinkles and folds. They get their name from the three light stripes running down each side. Males have light-blue bellies.
They are found in fields and other open, well-drained areas. They can often be seen at midday scurrying about on roadside banks and in cemeteries. As their name implies, they run swiftly, rising on their hind legs only.*

Whiptails: Six-Lined Racerunner

Aspidocelis s. sexlineata

Look at the Scientific name on the Picture and above! I swear I didn't have a thing to do with His Name!

My Lizard's sexy,

He wants to kiss you,
He wants to hugggg you,
He wants to date you.....


JMc


*As their name implies, they run swiftly, rising on their hind legs only.

Translation--he hauls a**! I took a video --well I tried--to take a video of him--and he outran the camera!


12 comments:

  1. I love lizards. Weird, I know. Maybe it's because all we have here are extremely rare salamanders which probably aren't lizards at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. run Lizard run you are being stalked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just snakes and salamanders here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sag, Jeannie, twm and buffalo!

    Thanks guys!
    I just love Critters!

    Salamanders are weird to me. I finally got to play with some growing uP when we went to the Mountains on Vacation. I don't know if we didn't have them in Fla or not--but I can't imagine ME MISSING them if they were alive!

    I looked under everything safe and everything dangerous to find stuff.

    I must admit--of all things they weird me out a teeny bit. Tadpole, eel, salamander, snail, lizard, frog?????- I mean make up your mind- come out from under that rock AND BE SOMEBODY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a field guide to reptiles and look stuff up all the time. That is a pretty lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jEN,

    tHOSE FIELD GUIDES ARE SO COOL--DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR PUBLISHER- LIKE aUDABON'S OS sO & sO'S gUIDE TO: THAT YOU USE?

    i MAY GO OUT TO bOOKS A tHOUSAND---big mistake FOR ME-lol,

    aND SEE IF i CAN FIND SOME ON THEIR SALE TABLES OR SOMETHING!

    Damn caps lock affliction--LOL

    Thanks as always for the visits and comments Young Lady...have you decided on the Kayak Instructions or not?

    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. jEN,

    tHOSE FIELD GUIDES ARE SO COOL--DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR PUBLISHER- LIKE aUDABON'S OS sO & sO'S gUIDE TO: THAT YOU USE?

    i MAY GO OUT TO bOOKS A tHOUSAND---big mistake FOR ME-lol,

    aND SEE IF i CAN FIND SOME ON THEIR SALE TABLES OR SOMETHING!

    Damn caps lock affliction--LOL

    Thanks as always for the visits and comments Young Lady...have you decided on the Kayak Instructions or not?

    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Audobon guides are the easiest for me to use so I have a bunch of them. I'm sure I'll sign up for the kayak club eventually. Haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leetle fren is so charming and sexy...almost makes my iguanas look dull.

    Your pics are amazing, Juan! Your closeups are awesome!

    PS - Next time I want to see video!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ily!!!

    Snake video upcoming!!!


    John

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: