Friday, April 27, 2007

PLEASE READ!!!

This is Political and I wasn't going to go there but I had to post this- Please read if you have not seen it before- a different Slant on the Little Red Hen!

Once upon a time, on a farm in Indiana, there was

A little red hen who scratched about the barnyard
Until she uncovered quite a few grains of wheat.

She called all of her neighbors together and said,

"If we plant this wheat, we shall have bread to

Eat. Who will help me plant it?"

"Not I," said the cow.

"Not I," said the duck.

"Not I," said the pig.

"Not I," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red

Hen. And so she did. The wheat grew very tall

And ripened into golden grain.

"Who will help me reap my wheat?" asked the little

Red hen.

"Not I," said the duck.

"Out of my classification," said the pig.

"I'd lose my seniority," said the cow.

"I 'd lose my unemployment compensation," said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red

Hen, and so she did.

At last it came time to bake the bread. "Who will

Help me bake the bread?" asked the little red hen.

"That would be overtime for me," said the cow.

"I'd lose my welfare benefits," said the duck.

"I'm a dropout and never learned how," said the pig.

"If I'm to be the only helper, that's discrimination,"

Said the goose.

"Then I will do it by myself," said the little red

Hen. She baked five loaves and held them up for

All of her neighbors to see. They wanted some

And, in fact, demanded a share. But the little

Red hen said, "No, I shall eat all five loaves."

"Excess profits!" cried the cow.

"Capitalist leech!" screamed the duck.

"I demand equal rights!" yelled the goose.

The pig just grunted in disdain.

And they all painted "Unfair!!" picket signs and

Marched around and around the little red hen,

Shouting obscenities.

Then a government agent came, he said to the

Little red hen, "You must not be so greedy."

"But I earned the bread," said the little red hen.

"Exactly," said the agent. "That is what makes

Our free enterprise system so wonderful. Anyone

In the barnyard can earn as much as he wants. But

Under our modern government regulations, the

Productive workers must divide the fruits of their

Labor with those who are lazy and idle."

And they all lived happily ever after, including

The little red hen, who smiled and clucked, "I am

Grateful, for now I truly understand."

But her neighbors became quite disappointed in

Her. She never again baked bread because she

Joined the "party" and got her bread free. And

All the Democrats smiled. 'Fairness' had been

Established. Individual initiative had died, but

Nobody noticed; perhaps no one cared ..... As long

As there was free bread that "the rich" were

Paying for.



Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his

Memoirs. Hillary got $8 million for hers.

That's $20 million for memories from two people,

Who for eight years, repeatedly testified, under

Oath, that they couldn't remember anything.



IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY, OR WHAT?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a powerful post! Love the little Clinton tag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly the way I feel about things.

    Why should I work so hard when they just take 40% off the top?

    Several years ago my wife and I didn't have much money and we lived
    in a poor part of town.

    I went to the grocery store with the little money I had after rent and untilites and bought bread milk eggs, peanut butter.

    I looked around and nearly everyone had pop tarts, ice cream, gallons of pepsi, Tbones, cookies etc..

    I got up and paid in cash, everyone in front of me, behind me and in the lanes next to me paid with food stamps.

    They were able to buy cart loads of junk food, soda and expensive steaks with my tax money, while my family ate peanut butter sandwiches.

    I started leaning libertarian after that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Bro--it's a real eye opener- and we have People who come into Urgent Care on Medicaid--Some really DO need it- but most of them ask for us to write for Tylenol which of course as you know is OTC- beacause if you write it on a prescription' and I quote- "It's free!" It's all I can do to keep my mouth shut. And the 3 to 5 children are all learning form age 3-12 how to work the system. Then they get in a 2005 or Later model vehicle- (I have a 92 Ctlass), and go home to Satellite, Cable- (ALL TIERS) and relax. My only real complaint is that they put nothing back--barely even sales tax on Beer and Cigarettes which they are NEVER out of- but can't buy little Johnnie's Inhaler and he's wheezing so bad from second hand smoke...... sorry Hammer.

    I guess you see a button you can push on the Juan! LOL I'm usually not this cynical- but a lot of this is total in your face abuse of the system- just a "Thank You" from them would suffice- but unfortunately "They are victims and we owe it too them!

    I"LL REPENT LATER LOL!! Thanks for stopping by my New Friend- I enjoy your posts, wit and wisdom. Also elle and the Pirate-( I hope he's OK with the Pirate in Laws coming in!) are really top notch people!

    It's BROKE-- it's not Broke Back Mountain-(PUKE) it's broke Back System and WE are getting Screwed!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. elle- Yes it is! Well written and dead on the money! I probably shouldn't but I love Clinton bashing- Billary was in the State about 30 miles from the house for the first Democratic debate yesterday. It's not the fact that it was at SC State which is a small all African American College- and a GREAT ONE I might add. The republican Convention will be held in White rich Columbia so I'm an equal political offender. But they poured thousands and thousands of dollars into SC State to make it WI-FI!!!

    We have students who can't get any college financial help but Al Sharpton who is growing out of Barack's hiney- listened to our 3rd highest ranking Senate member and got all this money to Update the Buildings and grounds- which is OK- but how many African American students could have benefitted from the money to get started in School?

    Oh well---- again- Love you post and we'll keep an eye on the Hur-- sorry [politically correct--ahhhmmmm- PEOPLECanes this year- LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: