Thursday, April 12, 2007

GOD IS GOOD

Life throws a lot at us. Knowing God, and knowing that He is on our side is very much a comfort. I don't know why Bad things happen to Good people, why there is Cancer in Children etc. But one thing I know for sure: When I accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour----Something changed inside me. It did not make all my troubles go away and solve all my financial problems. But it did give me a new Heart toward people. A softness I had never had before. More patience. Less judgement. More tolerance of others that used to drive me crazy. And a PEACE inside that I had never ever known before. A Peace or fullfilment that I had tried to find through drugs, alcohol, money and a hundred other worldly things. They all left me empty.

I am so far from being a finished work, but had I not let God start working on me, I would not be as far along as I am now. If you have never purposely (with honest intent) asked Jesus to come and live inside you...why not try it and see what happens. You truly have nothing to lose and everything to gain if indeed the Bible is the the Word of God-"the" Truth. What IF Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life? You need to do it sincerely- for God is not mocked-- in other words- you can't fool God!!

He knows if you really mean it or not. Then ask someone who goes to Church what theirs is like, and see if you can find one that fits you and your personality. Try not to worry about other people and say as I did for years' "The Church is full of hypocrites." Well, maybe--maybe not--but you are going to personally worship God with like minded believers in corporate Worship. Just go for yourself and don't worry about those around you. Se if through the service you can be ushered into the presence of God yourself!

These are only suggestions..You have to make the decision. I can only tell you that it changed a Partying, drinking, smoking guy into a better person. The Bible is not a book of DON'TS-- don't do this, don't do that or you will go to hell!

It is a book of DO'S!! Do this and do that, and life will be a little sweeter here on Earth--and a benefit is : that you will spend eternity in Heaven with a lot of really Happy people!

If life isn't going so great for you right now--maybe-just maybe you read this for a reason---Try it-- You'll like it!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Incredibly smart relies: