Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OLDIES BUT GOODIES! SIGNS OF THE TIMES


SIGNS O' THE TIMES!
 























 this is my pic- as some of these really STINK......
This is my pic on porch yesterday, and I want you to see a pic that was posted with this article on Wicked-Pedia!!
I mean- MINE is soo much better! Just kidding...-I'm sure theirs is only about 75 dpi's for Internet posting, but enlarging them totally washed out the picture from Wikipedia. There are others linked to the article that are BEAUTIFUL and oh so Diverse!

Pic's from Wikipedia

 (Pic and Image of Table courtesy of Wikipedia)




Pentatomidae, Greek pente meaning five and tomos meaning section, is a family of insects that includes some of the stink bugs and shield bugs. Their antennae are 5-segmented, which gives the family its scientific name. Their bodies are usually shield-shaped. The stink bugs have thick wing covers known as shields. The name stinkbug derives from from their tendency to eject a foul-smelling substance when disturbed; the liquid containing cyanide compounds with a rancid almond scent. This is known as autohaemorrhaging, and is a form of antipredator adaptation.


(Wikipedia pic)

The table above and the picture, were the actual ones, (along with several others on Wikipedia)....cool,  the fact that one of the pics they posted was one on a screen as well...

and now for the STINKY SIGNS o' THE TIMES! 


Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
"Dr. Jones, at your cervix."
**************************
In a Podiatrist's office:
"Time wounds all heels."
**************************
On a Septic Tank Truck:
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels
**************************
At a Proctologist's door:
"To expedite your visit, please back in. "
**************************
On a Plumber's truck:
"We repair what your husband fixed."
**************************
On another Plumber's truck:
"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber."
**************************
On a Church's Bill board:
"7 days without God makes one weak."
**************************
At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
"Invite us to your next blowout."
**************************
At a Towing company:
"We don't charge an arm and a leg. We want tows.."
**************************
On an Electrician's truck:
"Let us remove your shorts."
******** ******************
In a Nonsmoking Area:
"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."
**************************
On a Maternity Room door:
"Push. Push. Push."
**************************
At an Optometrist's Office:
"If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."
**************************
On a Taxidermist's window:
"We really know our stuff."
**************************
On a Fence:
"Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive!"
**************************
At a Car Dealership:
"The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment."
**************************
Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."
**************************
In a Veterinarian's waiting room:
"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"
**************************
At the Electric Company
"We would be delighted if you send in your payment.
However, if you don't, you will be."
**************************
In a Restaurant window:
"Don't stand there and be hungry;
come on in and get fed up."
**************************
In the front yard of a Funeral Home:
"Drive carefully. We'll wait."
**************************
At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank heaven for little grills."
**************************
And don't forget the sign at a
CHICAGO RADIATOR SHOP:
"Best place in town to take a leak."
**********************
Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck:
"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises"
 Holey-Moley & still I Live!!!

ECNALG SDRAWKCAB (Got it yet?)
                          HAVING A BAD DAY? ohhhhhh RRReeaaalllyyyy...........
and..........A REALLY BAD DAY!!!!!!!

NIGHT JOHN-BOY! This is the longest day of the year and it fooled the Moon into coming out before Dark!

Happy SUMMER Everyone!
We have had record tying and above average heat- with every day approaching 95- 98 almost the entire month of JUNE! I can't wait for the Dod Days of AUGUST! or the Electric Bill---Prarise GOD we have A/C and can afford the Bill. How blessed are we??


JMc

PS: FUNK IS PASSING awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!  

24 comments:

  1. You bug pics rock, dude.
    I hate the heat...we are over 100 degrees...which wouldn't be so bad if it were just a little bit dryer out.
    Good luck with the funk thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, who farted ?!?

    Oh. Damn Stinkbug !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck to the bugs...But those signs were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and here in Arizona the moon is out all day and night for some reason..I asked someone about it once...Their answer was "Well it needs to be someplace"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bug pics. Those signs cracked me up. Bad taste makes for extra funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "At your cervix"...I love that one!

    The photos are freaky and yes, my day was bad but not THAT bad. You give me lots to be thankful for.

    G'Night, Juanny-Boy...and sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes!!!!!! You should have seen the swarms of mayflies up north!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the pics and the signs my Friend and most of all glad the Funk is getting to be no more than a Backwards Glance :^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joe-- Thanks man--the Humidity is a killer!!!

    John


    Heff-- Them thangs is rank! You only squash one--or two if'n u be really stoopid! LOL

    J


    jolu-- It has to be someplace! That was pretty funny.

    I liked the signs too.

    John


    TS-- Bad taste--LOL! Lovin' it! Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

    John


    ILY-- I have always loved the At your Cervix one!

    Sweet dreams chica!

    Juanny D.


    Hiya Kay!!
    I have seen a Mayfly hatch and it is SCARY!!!!

    Biblical type stuff!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  10. JIMMY---- WAY TO GO BRO!!!

    U B DE ONLY ONE!!!!

    Congrats! and thanks my friend!! My Mom has about 200 of those and they are great to play!!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John

    Sorry I've been a bit scares these days. I don't like bugs so I didn't like the bug pictures. I like the signs though. Made me laugh. :)

    You should enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How on earth can your funk leave that quickly? You suck at being funky John.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once there was a huge tree next to my granny house, with a hole at its base trunk a man can walk through.

    I was always fearful of the tree.

    And one day as I was standing in the lawn, the great tree fell.

    And missed my granny's house by inches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny signs! Glad you are rebounding from the funk...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bernadine!! Bugs are cool! I will enjoy it--but it will have to be inside in the Air Conditioning!!

    John


    Jeannie-- One word--- Denial!

    And I'm not talking about that river in Egypt!

    But I do feel better!

    J


    Shadowthorne-- WOW!! I'll bet that was awesome and oh so scary at the same time!

    John

    Buff-- Yeah--State of Mind is better, and so are the correct BP meds! LOL!

    I did chuckle at those signs!

    Doing much better!

    Thanks,

    J

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO glad funk is passing (always does- always WILL :)

    This post is a treasure chest!!!!





    Aloha from Hawaii

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cloudia-- how did you get so wise- so Young!

    Very big Hugs my friend.

    Aren't those signs a hoot!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your list here reminded me of a truck I saw the other day. It was septic truck and it was called, "The Honey Dipper." I about died.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite sign was the one from the funeral home...."We'll wait." HA!

    Great photos...we might not have stink bugs here. Or maybe I've just been lucky enough not to disturb 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness, what creepy ass pictures. Thank goodness you ended it on a good note!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the signs, hate the stink bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Angel--LOL-- we called them Honey Dippers growing up--but I've never seen one actually Labeled!!

    J

    kathryn-- they gonna get you sooner or later- LOL!

    Tons o' Love

    J


    Just Another Girl-- sorry they Bugged you --ar ar--!!!!

    Yea--let's stay positive!!

    John


    SM_ Oh c'mon--da stink bugs are da bomb!
    Signs were pretty cool!

    Thanks--How's it going with Sportsman?? and your mindset?--I too am really trying--and Actually doing better on the home front!!

    You have helped me a lot with your honesty--High Five gal!! and a big hug to Boot!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures and thoughts. I'm glad I discovered your blog! And I learned more about bugs in a few minutes here than in my whole previous lifetime...fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Margaret-- You are TOO Kind. Welcome to Full-ON and our little Dysfunctional Family! Everyone here is so awesome. I'll pop over and check ya out!

    As far as the bugs: It what I'm here for--LOL. Thank you for the very nice comment!!

    John

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: