Monday, June 4, 2007

FEELING PUNY (sick) TODAY

I started feeling a little puny at work Sunday night. I finished my shift and came home and stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! I work 10:00 am till 10:00 pm and we got out at 11:30 p.m.. We have to stay, of course until the last patient is seen even if they sign in at 9:59 with a headache they've had for 5 days!!!! Could not go to sleep. Then I slept all day and am just now getting around to checking Blog and E-mail.

I Love Elle's post on the books and I have my list out to post. I will post tomorrow (I work another 12 Tuesday) so it may be Wednesday. For today- just two very quick and LOL-Shallow posts!

1. The Best Teacher: A good scare teaches more than good advice! - esp. in Medicine. You do something or catch something that you almost did wrong and you couldn't pull a needle out of your butt with a tractor---well -REMEMBER that lesson!

2. Second Time: Don't underestimate the importance of experience. It'll help you recognize a mistake when you are about to make it again!

Bottom Line: Learn the first time around- there is no real substitute for experience: and as long as we are human and working we will make mistakes. Pray that you learn from them and then recognize that situation before you possibly make the same mistake twice.

Told you this was wimpy- but I hope to be back to more meaty posts by Thursday as well as the Cool post from Elle. Please check out "Would you like a little cheese with that WHINE!!!" Great read @ http://3blueberries.blogspot.com/ .

I'll learn how to put HTML links in one day! OMG-- I did it- I Did it- look- a hyperlink--- "I'm giving all I got Captain-I don't know how much more she can take!!!" (Scotty Impression)
He's been hitting the Dilithium Crystal METH!! Again- "Damnit Jim- I'm just a Doctor" "I just prescribe it, I can't regulate how much he snorts!" (Bones Impression).

Actually I was Spock on the Start Trek meme that went around. I'm not a real Vulcan but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!

Love to all,


John

6 comments:

  1. I love scotty.

    Let me help you...

    Type something like check out this site. Then highlight the word this and go up to where the little world is that looks like it has the paper clip on it up where you insert pics. and a box will come up that lets you type in the address. Then you get a link without having the whole adress there.

    Cool huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you may kiss my hand now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the plug, john, and I look forward to reading your list.

    This is my second day of volunteering at Cub Scout Day Camp. OUr "den" consists of e, one other mom, plus 13 ten year old boys (incl Son #2) - it's very much like trying to wrangle a herd of ... cats. My brain has turned to mush so I didn't quite make the needle-butt-tractor connection, but anyhoo...

    The Star Trek had me laughing out loud. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. See what I mean about mush! That should read "Our den consists of me..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL--- And den all the little boys came over and den and den we made stuff LOL!!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy- awesome tip about the link embedded in the smal ammount of text- so you can just use one word and have alink to that article or whatever! Thanks so much!!!

    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: