Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PRAYERS PLEASE

For those of you that Pray- would you please add my wife and I to your list. I also mean at your Churches' Friends on the NET etc. We believe in Faith and the Power behind it!

When God uses you, He usually tests you too. We are being severely tested - both Physically and Financially. We have almost paid off ALL the medical bills from my Bypass Surgery and the my recent "Stint" in the Hospital for Angioplasty. YEAH~!!!!!!! We are working extremely hard towards our goal of land and a New home.

We are renting at 300.00 a month!!! That is almost unheard of and is a blessing in itself--but we recently had a major water leak and cabinets, floor etc were soaked. Since we are in drought conditions, -20+ inches below normal in SC we haven't had a chance to know how long it has been leaking. MAJOR structural damage to outside wall and inside flooring.

PRAYER REQUESTS: Of course God's will to be done first and foremost- always! But we are responsible for doing and being proactive as well.

1. That the Landlord will want to fix it instead of Bulldoze the place down. It is actually quite comfortable and homey and a great place to live. And at 300 bucks!!!!!! (We just finished paying off a Bankruptcy after 7 years (Medical) !!!! YEAH!!!!! but the credit app still "Looks" a little ugly" and we need to fix that- our lawyer died in the meantime.

2. Wisdom concerning moving verses staying etc.

3. SCHOOL Track for me- I keep getting STUCK at entering the Clinical phase of Nursing, so I'm thinking of switching degrees and going for BS and into administration, Human resources, Nursing Informatics-(relatively new field marrying technology and nursing.) I still have 20 plus good years left in me!!

4. Health for my wife- recent MRI shows bulging disc at C-67 with Nerve Impingement........her disc is hitting a nerve and it' hurts like hades and is so painful she's in tears a lot. A recent visit to a Neurosurgeon was a nightmare- she said it was inoperable and thought my wife was drug seeking, which is sooo far wrong it's not funny. True she wants out of pain, but she has One Dr. , has never been to the ER for this etc. So what we thought was a blessing..get her fixed and she wants to go back to work- another roadblock.

I guess that's it. I do want to say that we are NOT down and depressed about this- (any more than normal anyway) and we know that no matter what things will all work out. We would just like some prayer support as we are kinda beaten down and beaten up a little and want to continue to move forward with our lives! With the market so right for land and homes right now.....well a financial miracle would be awesome-LOL!!!
But we are taking the steps for the credit report thingy- we have Zero debt--zip, nada...except for the medical bills and you know they will take $5-10.00 a month forever, so that's no problem.

I guess I just needed to vent, back up and take a deep breath, look at the big picture etc. We are not asking or begging for anything, we just want to make wise and sound decisions and both of us believe STRONGLY in the power of United prayer, guidance and direction!

Many thanks,

John

7 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you both. Everyone seems to be going through financial issues these days.

    I went back to church a couple of weeks ago (first time in a long time) and a lady gave a testimony which was so powerful, almost everyone was crying. She had a problem in her lower lumbar region (something about two disks), and she was in constant pain. It got to the point where she couldn't change her baby's diapers or go on with the day-to-day stuff. She received group prayer and almost immediately felt a difference in her back. She hasn't taken anything, "not even a Tylenol," since that day and she's been fine. She was crying and giving all the glory to God. It was awesome!

    I pray your wife finds healing through our prayers. I believe in healing through prayer; I've seen it happen many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the back thing. Totally sucks


    HOpe it all works out for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly seems that you are being tested.

    I'm sure the Lord will come thru in some remarkable ways.

    I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Ladies! He has never ever let me down. It's just nice to know that others have your back!!! "No" pun intended this time. Thanks for the testimony Scarlet and I'm soooo proud of you for going back to fellowship. Sandi and I need to do that as well!

    I honestly feel that this is a season of great AND GOOD change for us. We didn't travel all this way learning lessons from God to be defeated now!!!!

    Love you all!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. John...I just really prayed for you both and all your decisions and health. May God open the doors he wants opened and close the doors he wants closed. I hear you about the med bills and I forgot that they will just take a small amount and let them go to collection and I am not proud of that. Not all of them thank God. The number 8 is the biblical number for new beginnings. may this year 2008 be a year of wonderful new beginnings for all of us. :) I will keep you in prayer and thanks for the prayer you did for me. Haha! I sent another resume into the place I want to work at. John...I am an optimist and believe in some one keep trying and not give in to discouragement. BUT...as a Christian...how do we know when that door is closed because God doesn't want us to go through it (as in a job) or when we should keep trying? Conversely...how do we know we should go through a door he has opened when in the natural we hesitate? If only he would drop a sign out of the sky. :)

    I have heard that we will get a green light in our spirit, caution and red light accordingly and that we should pay attention to that. Well...assuming that I am not a psychwack...(I'm not says me) why do I have a total green light about this place yet the door of employment opportunity is still closed? I have asked God to change my mind and cause me to not be interested and yet..I "feel" like I should be there...and they apparently don't. Believe me...I am ok with it but it's just weird. maybe I am just meant to pray for them or something...which I do anyway.

    You have a beautiful spirit and a wonderful spirit and you are an inspiration. I know you know Rom 8:28 and Isaiah where God talks about us going through the deep water and we will not drown or going through the fire and we will not burn. I pray I will get the perfect job at just the right time and I will get all bills paid off this year. I have to work on fixing my credit now. :( It was so good last year but this year I had to make choices and so hurt my credit.

    BTW you got me good with your hilarious comment and I responded in kind or tried anyway. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sea- Wow! & Thanks! What an awesome comment. I kinda felt as I was reading it that maybe you "DO" already have a job there!!! Like-"In the Spiritual Realm" already, (Praying), while God's perfect timing is being worked out down here for you to make the physical change!

    I had a great talk with my Boss today and He is willing to do whatever it takes to keep me at the Urgent Care Facility I currently work at. There are 6 altogether and the Main Hospital and I know just like you that I am supposed to be here (in this Hospital System)...so we are going to explore some options of maybe backing out of the clinical's a little and see about a managerial or Pt. advocate type job. Approach from a different angle. He is well connected and I honestly didn't realize how much he thinks I contribute to our facility!! Let's just agree to keep each other PRAYED up- ENCOURAGED and we both want what God wants for us---Only the Best!!!

    Thank you for your witness, counsel and kind words!!!!


    Thank you most of all for Glorifying our Lord!!

    In Christ,

    John (your Brother!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, I felt so bad when I read this. I haven't been keeping up on everyone like I wanted to. I read the above post and commented and then scrolled down to see what I'd missed. I was trying to respond to you and I lost my internet connection. Even the guy on the radio lost his too.

    I know what it is to be snowed under with med.bills. I had to take a 2nd mortgage out on the house when I went through cancer treatments, and that's with disability pay (which is a joke, but better than nothing) and good insurance! If you haven't read this book. I urge you to get it. "The Automatic Millionaire" by David Bach. There are a great deal of helpful things in there that you can put in place here and there. Your sweet wife needs a new doctor. I pray you can find one. Has she seen a orthopedic doc instead of a neuro doc? You don't have to answer. I just know she isn't in the right hands now. I have prayed for you both and will continue to do so. Let us know the turn of events. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: