Friday, February 8, 2008

GREAT NEWS- RE: JOB


I KNEW IF I'D JUST HANG IN THERE I'D BE--OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi all,

Went into work today and my Nurse Manager and a fellow employee had a meeting. I mentioned the new job at Urgent Scare- We'll I GOT IT!!!! She also got it and it is a full-time position that is in a totally different class and pay scale as my current Emergency Department Tech II (Paramedic). I found out about this and posted about it on 1/30/08 and had it 2/5/08!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is so awesome. We will be covering 96 hours a week. Our boss said to make out our own schedule, and take complete ownership of the position. It really is a recovery and support role and is under: Guest Services. Which means I will kiss a lot of butts and essentially try to tame an ER lobby full of angry parents and adults.

The major complaint is always wait time for 99%, and Dr did not listen to me for Drug seekers. I honestly believe this will be an awesome job as I truly do LOVE people and genuinely care about the trials and tribulations of waiting in an uncomfortable environment, with the stress of sickness, fear, time constraints, that affects every one of us at one time or another.

I have a lot of ideas of how to change a few things from the get-go...and a few weare going to stop! also, one Big great advantage (is since I do Assessment anyway)-is that I'll be able to reassure them medically, recheck vital sighs, take the really sick ones to a small "Clinical Room and watch them", make them more comfortable or just get them out of the lobby. Some people need to be moved out because they are a distraction to others. Guest Services personnel are hardly ever clinical personnel (in our Hospital system anyway).

All you Medical folks know what I'm talking about: as I try to tame the wild lobby. But Lord willing and with a little kindness and compassion I can make a difference
in a few of the patients patients visits...and the ones I can't-- Oh, well....at least I tried. Oh...and their will be a lot of time for education- community wide too!!!!

For those of you who prayed and wished me well- Thank You from the Bottom of my heart. I'll still be a Tech for probably 1 month until my position is filled and then after the other employee finishes school I will be moved into the Head Role of Guest Services of our Urgent Care.

Now I can only decide which way to go School wise-- Human Resources, Health Informatics, Health Administration ?????.....but it's exciting and new and a challenge! I love the new breeze and direction that I'm heading....the Earth is my Oyster and I'm not allergic to Shellfish!!!

Thanks all- have a great weekend!

OH_ If anyone reads this and has some experience, suggestions, resources- or knows someone that does...PLEASE E-MAIL ME Or Post Here!!!!!!

john.mcelveen@gmail.com
Full-On Forward

John

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations!!!

    It sounds like a very exciting time for you, I hope you find this position rewarding and challenging (in that good way).

    Again, congrats :)

    Epi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific news! I can see how exciting it will be to whip that place into shape.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    I love a new challenge and working with this type of "Patient" will be difficult and rewarding at the same time! Thanks so much for the support!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Excellent news - God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! Whoohoo...it's all coming together! 8 is the Biblical number for new beginnings, this is 2008...looks like you're off to a great start! John...if I were a patient...I would be so grateful to have someone like you looking out for me. you will be a blessing in many ways...I am sure. And may your blessings overflow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!!!!!

    Deep Bow!

    Only problem is "I Hate people!" LOL

    John

    Not! Thank you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sea- ;-) Thanks so much for those kind words. I will try to live up to them! Usually I don't like change as a rule- but this New beginning is pretty cool!. And amen jeannie--God is Good!

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: