Thursday, April 26, 2012

STUFF.....


STUFF.....


I'M NOT BEING LAZY:

I'M JUST IN ENERGY SAVER MODE!





HEADING TO NC TOMORROW: THERE IS A BIG FESTIVAL IN JEFFERSON/W. JEFFERSON, THAT WILL BE GOING ON. THOUSANDS OF HIPPIES STARTED A BLUE GRASS FESTIVAL IN THIS AREA YEARS AGO CALLED MERLEFEST!



SO IF I'M NOT POSTING BY MONDAY OR TUESDAY, I'LL BE SITTING WITH NED BEATTY AND A PIG ON A PORCH AND DELIVERANCE WILL BE PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND! PLEASE COME RESCUE ME!!!


PICTURE THIS COVERED WITH TENTS, RV'S, BLUE GRASS BANDS, PARADES, AND NO PORTA-POTTIES! OH, AND A BIG PALL OF SMOKE IN THE AIR!



THIS IS ALSO
 KNOWN AS ADENTULOUS WOODSTOCK:
OR WILLIE NELSON WEEKEND! 

WHEN YOU GET 32 PEOPLE IN A GROUP YOU HAVE:
AN ENTIRE SET OF TEETH!


LOVE & PEACE TO YOU ALL- COUGH COUGH!

ANYONE HAVE A TWINKIE??

JMc

WHERE I WILL GET 3 QUARTS OF REAL MOONSHINE: 2 CLEAR AND ONE PEACH OR BLACKBERRY!

12 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun! I'd bypass the twinkie and opt for a cherry slush! Oh yeah! Enjoy your trip. I say that in both a literal and figurative sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe you'll be on MY porch dancing to salsa music with a crazy Cuban family! ;) LOL

    Enjoy your travels! Stay safe and have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shine is fine but hemp is dope dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't sound like you'll need rescuing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are having a great time. Fun!
    The movie, Deliverance, ALWAYS freaks me out!
    When we moved back to CA from NC, my husband wished he would have brought more moonshine with us! Everyone here wanted a taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics as always! Have a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you catch the frog John?

    Shadow from the Beach, have a blessed Sunday and thanks for your contribution to SSS2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must not show this to Bud because he will really get depressed. How he would love to be there. There is nothing like the moonshine at a musical festival...I played a mandolin and a fiddle for years so cannot county the festivals I have visited and competed. Love the frog and the “stepping stones” in the creek with their reflection. It is fun looking at the empty fields where they will be people to people crammed in there. Gotta get there early and claim your spot. We always went a day ahead because we HAD to have a good tent place in the middle of all the players. Will be thinking of you. genie
    ps....Where in NC is it? I went to and played at many festival in NS because I was living there, But this one must be a new one....I am 73. Lots have changer. Mt. Airy is gone and Fiddlers Grove is gone, and the old fiddlers and claw hammer banjo players are gone and now playing up in Heaven. LOVED this post. Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane. I forget all of these special memories until someone blogs something that trigger the brain cells. genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose--No I let him be--he was so content!


    Genie-- It is called Merlefest and my Sister said you can even Google it-it has grown that popular. Around 50 plus thousand people attend, nowadays. It is in W. Jefferson/ Jefferson, NC.

    Sounds like you had a blast playing! I love events like that!@

    John

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: