Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SHOPPING VS. DISNEY WORLD


SHOPPING VS. DISNEY WORLD


Shopping at Wal-Mart is like going to That Universal Village where all the Continents of the Earth are represented, and trying to navigate all of them at once. It's a Small World after all!


I have never, ever been to Disney World, as I was born and raised 45 miles from it and saw first hand what it did to the Citrus Industry, which my Dad made his living from. Our Senior Cruise was cancelled in 1972 because some students couldn't afford it, and for our Senior trip we were to wear white shirts and ties, and all board a bus to go to Disney World. It had just opened a few weeks before, and was still under construction! LIKE 3RD GRADERS. THAT WAS DISNEYLAND POLICY-NOT THE SCHOOLS!


A SENIOR TRIP TO THE BAHAMAS WAS MISSED--A TRADITION ENDED!
That has stuck in my craw until this day!

Sure I'm missing 2 hour waits in Lines, exorbitant prices, Fla Heat and Humidity, and a ton of rides.

I don't do rides, I got enough of Heat and Humidity and now live in SC which is as bad....so what have I lost?

I have no children, and if I went to Disney World,  I would be in jail for killing several I'm sure!

I'll just remember Disney on Sunday Night TV, when it first came on in COLOR, and leave it at that. That's MY DISNEY!

FOR ALL THOSE THAT LOVE AND ENJOY IT- IM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU! I think it's awesome for kids! I really do!

Whenever I get the desire to go--I'll just head back to to Wal-Mart!

I spent more there today on Rx's and Groceries than I would had I gone to the Concrete Magic Kingdom World of Harry Potter and Universal Studios, and pull out my color portfolio of the Folks of Wal-Mart picture fame, and peruse it as I shop!


LOVE YOU ALL.

CYNICAL JOHN

2 comments:

  1. Disney World required little kids to wear ties?? That is ludicrous! Oh, dear John, good thing you missed out. We often don't think or realize the damage done to families by huge industries like Disney. Thanks for bringing home the point.

    I love you lots!

    xoxoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn-- These were Not little kids! This was a class of High School Seniors going on Graduation our class trip. Disney wanted us to dress like that to go to their FUN park!!!!

    Instead of going on a cruise to the Bahamas as had been tradition for ever! Because "some" couldn't afford it! (The cruise).

    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: