Thursday, September 17, 2009

BE YOURSELF- WHO ELSE COULD YOU BE?

THESE ARE MUSCODINES- A WILD SC GRAPE. THEY ARE VERY SWEET, AND A COUSIN TO THE SUPPERNONG. YOU "MAY" HAVE HEARD OF SCUPPERNONG WINE. THEN AGIN I AM IN SC!!!! IT'S A STATE BETWEEN GA. AND NC. THE WHITE GROWTH IN BETWEEN IS A MUSHROOM- (NO BS!) GROWING UO- OR AN OLD PIECE OF PAPER.

ACTUALLY- THIS IS THE FIRST PICTURE EVER OF THE GEICO MONEY CHARACTER'S GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER WHO WAS BORN NOT FAR FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!!


TO FOLLOW-UP ON MY LAST POST, THIS WAS A VERY TIMELY E-MAIL. I'M NOT SURE WHY THESE HAVE HIT ME ORR WHY I'M MEDDLING IN OTHERS BUSINESS. I'M NOT PROMOTING ANYTHING, BUT IN THIS CURRENT POLITICAL, SOCIAL & ECONOMIC CLIME- I JUST FEEL WE NEED AA LITTLE RAY OF HOPE. PART OF THAT IS BREAKING STEREOTYPES. CAN WE SAY STEREOTYPES, OR DOES THAT EXIST IN THIS DIGITAL AGE? HMMMM......

YES, SADLY FROM A STATE THAT HAS LONG BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING RACIST, IT'S TIME WE PUT ALL THAT CRAP TO BED.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? I KNOW, RHETORICAL QUESTION, BUT WE CAN EACH ANSWER IT IN OUR OWN MINDS AND SPIRITS.

I HAVE A PERVERTED POST (NOT SEXUAL) I KNOW- I'M SORRY- BUT MORE TO THE OLD MIND OF JM COMING IN HONOR OF HENRY GIBSON- WHO PLAYED ON LAUGH IN. A SHOW FROM THE 70'S THAT I ABSOLUTELY LOVED AND GREW UP ON. HE PLAYED A CHARACTER OF A POET IN ONE OF HIS BITS,

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE AND I QUOTE:

THE BULLMOOSE

BY HENRY GIBSON

THE BULLMOOSE IS MY FRIEND TRUE BLUE
HE DOESN'T SMOKE; HE DOESN'T CHEW
HIS ONLY HANG-UP IS SNIFFING GLUE
BUT IF I WERE A BULLMOOSE, I WOULD TOO.

SHEER GENIUS- TUNE IN FOR A TRIBUTE POEM SOON!

NOW-BACK TO OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING- WE ARE BEING PROGRAMMED YOU KNOW!

********

Recently, in a large French city, a poster featuring a young, thin and
tanned woman appeared in the window of a gym.

It said: "THIS SUMMER DO YOU WANT TO BE A MERMAID OR A WHALE?"


A middle aged woman, whose physical characteristics did not match those
of the woman on the poster, responded publicly to the question posed by
the gym.

To Whom It May Concern:

Whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, sea lions, curious
humans). They have an active sex life, they get pregnant and have
adorable baby whales. They have a wonderful time with dolphins, stuffing
themselves with shrimp. They play and
swim in the seas, seeing wonderful places like Patagonia, the Barren
Sea and the coral reefs of Polynesia . Whales are wonderful singers
and have even recorded CDs. They are incredible creatures and
virtually have no predators other than humans.
They are loved, protected and admired by almost everyone in the
world.

Mermaids don't exist. If they did exist, they would be lining up
outside the offices of Argentinean psychoanalysts due to identity
crisis. Fish or human? They don't have a sex life because they kill
men who get close to them, not to mention
how could they have sex? Therefore they don't have kids either. Not
to mention who wants to get close to a girl who smells like a fish
store?

The choice is perfectly clear to me; I want to be a whale.

P.S. We are in an age when media puts into our heads the idea that only
skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my
kids, a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver and a coffee with my
friends. With time we gain weight because we accumulate so much
information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room it
distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are
enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when I look
at my butt in the mirror I will think, "Good gosh, look how smart I am!"

WHAT AN AWESOME RESPONSE. I WANT TO ME, I WANT TO BE ME........
BECAUSE IF I WERE YOU,
I'D BE SOMEBODY ELSE.......

GOING TO TAKE MEDS, BRB.

J

8 comments:

  1. What do you mean "Mermaids don't exist?" I have a blogger buddy who happens to be a mermaid. Yes, Carmen can be found here:

    http://heartandsoulgardening.blogspot.com/

    Try telling HER she's not real! ;)

    PS - I love all my friends, who come in all shapes and sizes...but you, you are "my leetle fren" and I will always and forever ADORE you no matter what you look like, or how tall, big or small you are!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I love her response too. Smart lady.

    I think mermaids would have a hard time in aerobic classes too wouldn't they? or doing leg lifts? spinning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL

    Scarlet,
    I visited and left a post. Great link! Thanks Sis!

    Jeannie- you are certifiable!!! I Love you!

    How about a Split?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Scarlet- Hugs back to my lil fren. That's what I love about you. I would be dumbfounded to find that there was any judgment in you at all. With your HEART I'm surprised you don't have a house full of homeless people! :-)

    We will always be friends and Brother and Sister as well. I love that we are kin in Christ. I can't begin to tell you how much you have helped me through tough times with your spark and zest for life! And all CLOTHED! Imagine that-LOL.

    In His Service with You-

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unicorn stuff, Ghost, Vampire, UFOs, etc.... Generates billions of dollars in sales of crap! P.T. Barnum was right- there is a sucker born every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to say: HEYYYYY!!!! but I noticed that Scarlet already took care of me ;-)
    I am a mermaid and no need to show that I am !!!! I am me and I am so very happy the way I am (oh by the way there's no identity crisis, and lavender and roses smells only, te-hee! and the rest is private, LOL)

    In a VERY SERIOUS note, this is a wonderful post and love the answer from that woman very true and wise.

    There is a quote I love( i forgot the author, though) be you, everyone else is taken!

    Hugs amigo and stay in touch!
    Mermaid me, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracias Carmen,

    Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm honored to call you a new Friend and not a "LINK" (wink). Love that quote.
    I will definitely be frequenting your blog. Hugs back and I believe in You! Whomever you are, we must reaffirm our faith in people and especially embrace "OUR" expressions of life- Whatever they are. I prefer the more positive and less harmful expressions. I just don't really care for negativity, too much of that finds it's way in uninvited anyway!

    Blessings,

    J

    BD- I've got this tee-shirt I'm selling..... LMAO, just couldn't resist and BTW if they are for purchase you need to let us know so we can support the cause. Cause why? Cause everyone needs a great Chili recipe and new Great Friend. I have two on here today and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh BD- Look at the shows on TV now- even the "REALITY" shows that are on- it shows the diversity of crap that people are willing to watch or search for in THEIR quest for the ? TRUTH ??, or to satisfy some deeper want, need or hunger.

    Kinda appear LOST don't they, and ready to believe or grab hold of anything but their own lives.

    I just don't buy it or really understand it. It doesn't seem to be just entertainment or escape, but becomes an obsession to some. Oh well, to each his own. But P.T. Barnum was the Master- and he pegged it very early on!!!
    Well I probably crossed the line into "meddling" but some of this just blows my mind.

    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: