Wednesday, August 29, 2007

TIME FOR GOD'S WORD??????

A lot of you know that I have wanted for the longest time to post a very detailed, focused and above an average or beginners Christian Small Group Learning/Teaching Experience. I am first and foremost a Christian in my walk in life and have been called a Teacher of God's Word! I know many would take exception to that by some of the things I've posted as well as language and material used on my personal blog. Oh well. That's just who I am. Honest, Growing, Learning, what you see is what you get. Imperfect and have a long way to go before I can truly call my self a Man of God!

I would like to move on into an area of Christian growth and discipleship to anyone interested and would love to have you join me on this journey. This will take many different twists turns and have many different faces from dry theological lectures to lively discussions about current events and how we as Christians are reacting to then, turning a blind eye, compromising, being hypocrites etc. We will learn about God, His attributes, His statues, His Commandments- but Most of all- WE WILL GROW CLOSER TO THE PERSON OF GOD HIMSELF!!!!! THE GIVER-- NOT THE GIFT!!!

To do this I must separate the two blogs completely. I want to continue to write for myself on Full-On Forward as a blog about my Life and Walk. I plan to do a second blog which will be stricter in the sense of a much more structured and honest attempt to teach the full truth from the work about God-(using the HOLY BIBLE)-(many Translations) & leading us Into and Understanding and a knowledge of God Himself- that we can better spend our lives discerning and doing His Word and Will to His Glory. To become better Husbands, Wife's, Children, People--better Disciples of Jesus Himself led by the Holy Spirit.

Please follow along on both if you wish or either one you like. I would love feedback as to if the two are working or if I've strayed from my true calling which is to simply journal my daily perspectives and life! Let me know- this feedback is for all of us! I think I have taken the words given to me by my early blog friends and stayed true to what I am writing about now. I don't feel the pressure to have certain numbers nor do I expect certain reactions, or an audience--I'm just writing - and it FUN!!!!!! If others learn and enjoy- YEAH!!!! like dropping by, commenting, lurking- Perfect!!!! If not- I'd be a a little put out as everyone likes to be accepted, affirmed and reaching others; but it truly doesn't define me as a Blogger now. God defines me, and after that I define myself. If I have a strong enough presence to give you the truth I've learned through the application of the Word of God and of the Life I'm living because of that Word- and If you like the way it sounds and it brings a smile to you or enlightenment and encouragement to you and yours----well AMEN!!!@!!!!

I think I'm hitting my stride in learning how far to push, what subjects work and which don't to some degree- and above all that- TO THINE OWN HEART BE TRUE AND JUST PUT IT OUT THERE!!

I'm Thinking of staying with Full-On Forward as my daily Blog as it is so much a part of me- and Starting writing the Christian- (Not so sure I even want to call it that but it will come- the WALKING WITH THE MASTER BLOG, or Walking with God, Getting to Know the King- all these will give me guidance to choose the correct one from. I'd love to have you join one or both as we branch out into a new pathway of self- discovery, love and some harsh realities about some things we may need to change and get rid of in our lives! Help me pick a name- a path! Make it yours!!!

One thing I can say without reservation. HOW! (Just kidding)....I will publish the truth of God's Word as I know it as revealed from His Spirit to ours. But I'll never tell you what you must do- or what to believe--this will be your YOUR discovery of God on your own. YOU must decide what is true from God's Word and whet er you want to follow that path or not! I merely have a few tools to help us along!!!! What do you think- is there enough interest to see if this dog'll hunt?

Give me some feedback- contact some other bloggers and see if they might like to swing by as we get it going. If it's good enough- they'll stay for the truth!!

Love to you all

John McELveen

Any and all suggestions welcome and needed!! I'm not thin skinned either. Be honest as I know you will! We will probably start this right after the first of Labor day and as soon s I see what my school schedule will be, if there is enough interest!

Love in Christ- Be praying and plowing the ground to get our hearts and minds ready for God's Truth!!!!

Love In Christ!

John McELveen



What do you think?