Friday, December 16, 2011

EMOTIONS & FOUNDATIONS




EMOTIONS & FOUNDATIONS




"NO EMOTION, ANY MORE THAN A WAVE, CAN LONG RETAIN IT'S OWN ORIGINAL FORM."
HENRY WARD BEECHER




JUST LIKE THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN, CURRENTS AND WINDS SHAPE, MORPH AND FRACTAL A WAVE AS IT TRAVELS INSHORE. OUR CIRCUMSTANCES, BELIEFS, AND PERSONALITY PRODUCE OUR EMOTIONAL STATE, MINUTE BY MINUTE.

WE CAN RIDE THAT WAVE AND SHRED IT, GET IN THE TUBE AND FEEL LIKE WE ARE IN TOTAL CONTROL, WHEN ACTUALLY WE HAVE TO REACT TO IT'S CONSTANTLY CHANGING SHAPE.

CIRCUMSTANCES CAN CHANGE US FROM HAPPY TO HOMICIDAL IN MERE SECONDS. WHAT IF ANY CONTROL OR BOUNDARIES DO WE HAVE OVER OUR EMOTIONS?






MOST OF US LIVE BY A CERTAIN SET OF RULES TO GET BY IN SOCIETY. DO YOU ALLOW  YOUR FOUNDATION TO SHAPE YOUR EMOTIONS, OR DO YOU FIGHT TO CONTROL THEM CONSTANTLY?

ANGRY, CONFUSED, DREAMY, MUDDLED, FEARFUL, ....


WE MUST BE COGNIZANT OF OUR EMOTIONAL STATE- BUT WE ALSO CAN LET GO AND MORPH AND CHANGE AND LIVE IN THE MOMENT, UNDER CONTROL AND AT PEACE, IF WE PRACTICE ENOUGH. I THINK THAT DEPENDS ON THAT INITIAL FOUNDATION I MENTIONED, (AS WELL AS MANY OTHER FACTORS..)


I CHOSE BEDROCK INSTEAD OF SAND. I FIND IT TO BE MORE STABLE AND MY EMOTIONS AREN'T QUITE AS MUCH OF A ROLLER COASTER RIDE FROM MOMENT TO MOMENT.

VOLATILE, HOSTILE, AGGRESSIVE, UNCONTROLLED, UNPREDICTABLE......
(this picture is not mine- from Internet)



A COMMON EXPRESSION IN ARCHITECTURE RE: BUILDINGS IS :

FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION. 

Form follows function is a principle associated with modern architecture and industrial design in the 20th century. The principle is that the shape of a building or object should be primarily based upon its intended function or purpose. (Wickipedia).


DOES THIS APPLY TO US AS PEOPLE?
During this holiday season I am going to try allow my emotions to flow, without prejudgement, expectations or self inflicted destruction and just experience and enjoy what happens.

HOW LONG DO YOU THINK THAT WILL LAST?


WHAT CIRCUMSTANCE, ENCOUNTER, ANOTHER PERSONS DEMEANOR, WILL CAUSE ME TO PUT ON MY MASK, RAISE MY GUARD AND SHORT CIRCUIT MY EXPECTED NIRVANA?
CAN I CONTROL MY TEMPER-A TURE? ( I really don't have a temper. Does that mean I suppress it to the point of being harmful of dishonest?)


I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE TYPICAL JOHN POST--BUT I'M CHOOSING TO ALLOW MY BUILDING- (IF FORM MUST FOLLOW FUNCTION)- AT LEAST TO BE BUILT ON SOLID ROCK, SO I WILL HAVE A BASE IN WHICH TO RETURN THAT IS CONSTANT!


AN OLD FOUNDATION SONG!

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.



On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.



His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.



When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.




I WONDER IF THIS IS THE FOUNDATION I SHOULD BASE MY LIFE, EMOTIONS AND SPIRIT UPON.

FOR ME--THE ANSWER IS YES....AND YET I AM SO IMPERFECT, STILL!!



WHAT IS YOUR FOUNDATION????
IT MAY BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND YET WORK PERFECTLY FOR YOU....
I'D LOVE TO HEAR AS I ALWAYS WANT TO LEARN!


LOVE YOU ALL

JMc