Saturday, October 6, 2012

MARRIAGE



MARRIAGE



A WONDERFUL FRIEND'S DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED TODAY, AND SADLY I COULDN'T MAKE IT. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE WEDDING PLANS ON FB, AND SHE EVEN POSTED A PIC WITH HER HAIR BRAIDED AND READY THIS MORNING .

ALSO ANOTHER FRIEND POSTED THAT SHE AND HER DAUGHTERS WERE GOING SHOPPING TODAY FOR BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES. I TOLD HER TO WATCH BRIDESMAID AND 27 DRESSES!



I LOVE  HOW A TRADITION AS GREAT AS MARRIAGE HAS EVOLVED OVER THE YEARS, AND NOW WITH SOCIAL MEDIA- THEY CAN EXTEND THE WEDDING TO PEOPLE THAT CAN'T BE THERE.


MY QUESTION IS


WILL SHE POST/ TWEET IN THE MORNING?

LOL!


DO YOU THINK TRADITIONS SHOULD BE KEPT AS THEY WERE, OR EVOLVE TO INCLUDE FB, TWITTER ETC?

REMEMBER- THIS IS THE NORM FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL, HOPEFUL, BLISSFUL KIDS!




LOVE TO ALL- NOW IT'S FOOTBALL!



JMc

10 comments:

  1. I think social media can be used for good or evil just like any other tool - so yes, it's great for sharing major events long distance. It's also important that people use some discretion for their own good and especially if they are including others in their revelations. Unfortunately, reality tv seems to have convinced the younger generation that crass behaviour is entertainment so many are letting way too much hang out and will likely get bitten on the ass with it - and once it's out there, it's impossible to control it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said Jeannie! I totally agree!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate wedding traditions (old and new) even more than football. But I hope you enjoy the game.

    I love you, John. Thanks for all the love and support.
    xoxoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hate Football! Well- I guess I still Love ya! ;-)

    Hugs sweet friend!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been at weddings where the service is streamed for those in other countries (and around the US) to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One good thing about the social media sites like Facebook is the ability to share pictures for folks who can't make it, I love tradition but changes like this is not a bad thing. Congrats to your friends daughter and don't look for an update first thing in the morning Ha Ha

    Oh yeah John, How about those Gamecocks :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff- THAT is cool!


    Jimmy--LMBO--I agree---and GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John - I love the sound of football.

    And I love wedding traditions. I think it's nice to share celebrations over the internet - providing no one is put in a bad light.

    A family member has been slowly putting her professional pics up in fb and nice to see them.

    I have that movie saved since winter but haven't watched as yet. But look froward to it even more since you recommend it. We got dish tv last december and I saved the free movies over 3 mos and still haven;t seen most of them. Of course with saving everything else my storage goes between 5-1%.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SeaSpray-- hello friend! You will laugh your hiney off. Pick a rainy day and enjoy!!!!!

    Hugs my friend,

    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: