Friday, March 9, 2012

MY CONCRETE PLANTER



MY CONCRETE PLANTER


MY CONCRETE PLANTER IS WAITING ON SPRING.

SITTING COCKEYED AT A SLIGHT TILT,
THE EARTH USED TO BE A RICH ORGANIC SILT.
NOW IT'S A FIRE ANT BED AND BOY DO THEY STING,
I CAN'T GET NEAR IT TO PLANT ANYTHING!

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET RID OF THEM AND REPLANT SOMETHING THIS YEAR.

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A PLANTAR THIS DEAR?

FIRE ANT BED PLANTAR! GREAT FOR THE KIDS!!!!

I WAS THINKING OF USING THESE FOR SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY 2- SINCE IT IS CLOUDY AND GONNA RAIN!!!!


I USED TO HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL HOSTA'S IN IT- BUT I TRANSPLANTED THEM UNDER A TREE AND PROMPTLY KILLED THEM.

NOTE TO SELF--LEAVE WELL, HEARTY THRIVING PLANTS ALONE-- SOMETHING IS WORKING!


THIS IS A HEAVY CONCRETE PLANTER THAT WE HAVE DRUG ALL OVER. IT WEIGHS ABOUT 40 LBS EMPTY AND AROUND 100 LBS. FULL OF GOOD SOIL. SHOULD I EMPTY AND REPAINT IT- OR JUST GET RID OF THE ANTS AND PLANT SUMPIN PURTY IN IT THIS SPRING?


LOVE YOU ALL!


JMc