Thursday, February 2, 2012

DIAGNOSING A CAR



DIAGNOSING A CAR

Ree reee reee reee--The sound is incessant. I could barely get my Cholesterol order in at the Drive through due to the BELT LIKE squeaking noise coming from my Kuwait Dependent Traveling machine--aka- Car! Gradually growing louder I knew I had to get it looked at before it left me stranded, so I took it to Joe's Tire Emporium, Sauna and Nail Salon. It was promptly diagnosed as a Torsion Converter and would cost around $2000.00 to have fixed as this was an integral part of the Transmission.


What it isn't, but I was hoping it was!!!
A SIMPLE BELT! TEAL COLORED!


My Landlord owned and operated a Transmission shop and I had helped him out several times for some extra money. He agreed to listen to it, and stated it definitely was not the transmission. He wasn't exactly sure what it was and this had him stumped. Not having a dependable mechanic, (mine retired) I took to the yellow pages and through my tears and wondering how we were going to even live another day since this was our only vehicle- I was driven to Drink!

NOTE TO SELF : HAVE TWO VEHICLES IF POSSIBLE- even if one is a Moped!

I started sipping my Sprite and called a couple of Automotive Repair Shops extremely expensive have you by the nads repair places, and was told a myriad of possibilities, all costing about as much as replacing the tiles on the now defunct Space Shuttle, and they could see me in two weeks. 

WHEN DID AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR REPLACE DOCTORS????

I'LL TAKE THE HUMAN BODY ANY DAY OVER THIS!!!

I saw a place in the phone book simply called Buck's Automotive very near the house but I had never seen the shop before, so I dismissed it. I settled on a place called Teals, because it sounded pretty, and the Land lord had known a person who knew a friend who had driven by it once! Calling my barber I cancelled my appointment for today as I was going to take the car to TEALS, and probably have to go rent a car so this one wouldn't leave us or cause any more damage. I always expect the worse- the Power of Positive thinking left me many years ago.......DEEP BREATH

Whilst talking to my barber who has cut my hair for 25 years I asked him if he knew of a good mechanic..and he said I get my work done at
are you ready???


TEALS!!

No, I'm kidding----- BUCKS!!!! I couldn't believe it--yet I should because good things sometimes happen to OK people! I took another long pull off the Sprite, enjoying the fizz and burn as it glided inevitably towards my pylorus. Anticipating the high that...OK, OK...I'll stop. As I lit the Doobie that I had confiscated from all the fired BBQ employees...OK...... that's bogus too, but it's a stupid car story for goodness sakes!

I went to Buck's- it's a Cam Sensor, will not cause the car to leave me, and they can fix it Monday in one day for around $300.00!!!

IT'S UNDER HERE!

The End


LOVE YOU ALL- LIKE MY CAR- LOVE MY BARBER,  
LOVE TEAL!!!.........

JMc


THE CULPRIT
YOU THINK I COULD AT LEAST WASH IT. BUT ON THIS MUDDY DIRT ROAD--WHY BOTHER!

15 comments:

  1. "Cam Sensor"...wasn't he Auburn's quarterback in 2010 ???

    "Always use Buck, so you don't take a **** ! "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine has been leaking freakin' antifreeze for over a year now, and I've been told it's about 10 different things.. None of which has fixed the damn problem! Needless to say, the guys at the auto parts store see me a good bit as I'm pretty much keeping the antifreeze companies in business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for asking around. We have about $25,000 worth of repairs every year (lots of equipment). We have to go to the gougers for some of it but we've been fortunate to have a mechanic in house for $20/hour - plus he gets to use our bay to fix stuff for friends and relatives. Great guy. Then we have another mechanic for the ordinary vehicles who is pretty good too but costs more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found out what it REALLY was. Good mechanics are hard to come by now. Afterall, most cars these days get hooked up to a computer for diagnosis and a lot of the service folks working in the dealerships don't even know HOW to be a real mechanic!

    Ours retired, too, but we found a pretty good back up. Hope he outlives us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two cars, I couldn't cope with one living in the country and the amount of driving I do with the kids.

    I'm glad you sorted out the issue and it wasn't so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got it right!!! The best mechanics in the world are here in Ohio and do great work on my Miss Ruby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heff- I thought of you when I wrote Cam--LOL!

    I agree with your other counsel too!

    JB



    Krissy- I know we have to have 'em and I marvel that the work at all- But aren't they a Royal Pain in the Arse sometimes????


    J



    Jeannie-- Two things everyone should have--a GREAT Mechanic, and a GREAT Home repair dude. They will pay for themselves in the first year or so. I should have found another mechanic immediately after mine retired! I think I have one now!!


    J


    Kelly--amen to your comment--and how are we to really question what's on a computer nowadays???

    J




    Joe--Thanks Buddy! I think a small truck for me is definitely the next order of business!


    J



    Kay-- It's cool that you have trusted mechanics! There are also a lot of good hard working ones here--but finding them is the key!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a Teal!



    my scooter thinks it is superior to a moped, but i tell it to be humble



    Warm Aloha from Hawaii
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good mechanic is indispensable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like apart form other qualities you are an excellent mechanic too.

    glad you found out what it really was..

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all about networking and luck! If its major and a car, always get a second opinion and/or third... It's amazing what I've been told by mechanics that my car needed when it didn't. They just needed to make another house payment or to pay for their condo on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cloudia-- Please apologize to Scooter for me--I actually thought about yours when I accidentally posted Moped...please assure Him/Her I didn't mean to put it down ;-)!

    J


    Betty-- It was such a relief--from 2000.00 to 300.00!!

    Have a super week yourself!

    J



    sage-- This was a blessing from God--my Barber is a strong Christian friend and I do believe the way this happened it was not circumstance!!!

    Thanks Buddy!

    J

    ReplyDelete
  13. It just goes to show you, that at least have of the automotive repair shops out there really want to rip you off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pat-- I love it when you find great LOCAL folks to give your money to!!! It helps ease the pain.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your humor is so clever. Would've LOVED working with you.
    Glad it worked out.

    Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: