Thursday, April 21, 2011

GOODBYE OLE FRIEND!


GOODBYE OLE FRIEND!

Something or SOMEBODY, severely injured my Water Snake friend! I know fear of Snakes is a very real and possibly the number one phobia around. However the people I told about the snakes in the little pond was that they were very beneficial and totally hamrmless. THESE WERE ADULTS, ASKING ME ABOUT THE SNAKE THEY HAD SEEN.

I have followed this guy for years, and saw Momma and a baby this year!

I had to kill him yesterday. He was severely injured...his lower jaw was completely destroyed and he could not eat, and had to swim with his head high out of the water to keep from drowning. He would have died of starvation.

I don't know if Animals fear death, feel pain like we do....etc. But I do know that starving to death is not something I could in good conscience walk away from. I know this was weird, but I liked the guy. Too think that anyone would do that hurts me, and I'm writing this for me. It could possibly have been one of the peoples Dog's who frequent the pond- but the injury was unique.

Please don't look at the pics if you don't want too. I have to post them out of a strange sense of Morbidity and closure. A couple show his absolute beauty. A couple show why I intervened, and allowed recycling!




FIRST TWO ARE HEALTHY AND HAPPY PICS LAST WEEK!


THESE ARE DISTURBING..PICS OF HIS INJURIES..AND THEN PICS OF HIS BEAUTY, AND A CLOSING LIMERICK.

BOTTOM JAW GONE!

HE WAS NOT AGGRESSIVE--I SWEAR HE LOOKED AT ME...AS HE DIDN'T LEAVE. HE COULD NOT CLOSE HIS MOUTH.

HIS COLORING IS UNREAL!

 LOOK AT THE BEAUTY EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE SNAKES.

TEARS!

BY BUDDY

HIS LAST SPLASH!


 LATER WHEN I TOOK HOPE OUT--I SAW MY OTHER BUDDY, AS A SIGN OF LIFE.
I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE MY RAT SNAKE AGAIN...HE WAS RELOCATED TO A VERY SAFE SPOT AWAY FROM THE HOUSE OUT OF RESPECT FOR MY WIFE'S FEAR OF SNAKES. THIS IS A PREVIOUS PIC OF HIM...HE WAS MUCH BIGGER THIS TIME.




WHEREVER THEY MAY BE,
YOU INITIAL RESPONSE IS TO FLEE,
 EVOKING A VISCERAL FEAR,
 SEEN FROM AFAR OR NEAR,
AS IN YOUR PANTS YOU PEE!


LOVE YOU ALL

JMc