Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MAGPIE TALES


A carabiner or karabiner is a metal loop with a sprung or screwed gate.[1] The loop part opposite the gate is referred to as the spine. It can quickly and reversibly connect components in safety-critical systems. The word comes from "Karabinerhaken", meaning "hook for a carbine" in German.[2]

 OK--MAYBE IT DOESN'T LOOK A THING LIKE THE PIC ON MAGPIES SITE TO YOU!: BUT IT WAS THE FIRST THING THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD! BUT I THOUGHT OF IMPROVEMENTS AND MODERNIZATION TO WHAT I HAD USED IN 19 AND 73!!!


DE CLINE! 
by JMc

As the rope slipped, burning like fire through my climbing glove, I realized Mountain climbing was way overrated! Even tightening my grip and remembering the safety training--((AN OXYMORON AT THIS POINT)_ most of it SLIPPED my mind!)), I was a Legend Before the Fall, and set myself up to Spiral Downwards, out of control in Life!

I remember wanting to Kick Miley Cyrus'--Hanna BanAnaas' Butt- softly singing "LIFE IS A CLIMB", as I gently fell,  PLUMMETED out of control towards my imminent death! I THOUGHT A CARIBINER WAS SOMEONE FROM JAMAICA!!!!!

The only time I had trained on this, was TO rescue PEOPLE, during my Paramedic Training! It was fun repelling out of the 70 foot Fire Tower, as well as the Viet Namh era Huey Helicopter- with it's "chop chop chop" of the rotors!  
 As IF you could hear your instructor!!!! Yes--I have done that! That was 38 years ago--and things tend to FALL FROM GRACE,  DROP, from the mind after all that time!
We actually flew patients in from remote areas of the County- and Pilots were able to keep up their hours, so this was why we trained.... but I regress......
Now I was the one in need of saving. Thankfully, just in the nick of time, I hit the back button on my Browser- returning me to my blog..and SAFETY!

So much for Modern Art- I thought. But I HAVE to go back for another look, as REPELLING as that may be!!

Please go to Magpies site and play! Click on link at top of post.....OR HERE!





This Crack Military Unit (from another Country..) spoofs, something similar to what our Navy Captain did.

Did he go to far?


What is your opinion of the Repeal of,  Don't ask Don't Tell ?

I have never served..but to ALL who do, and want to:

GOD BLESS YOU: EACH AND EVERYONE!!!!!!

Regardless!!!!! I'm just sayin'......

JMc