Thursday, June 24, 2010

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER




BETTER LATE THAN NEVER?????



PLEASE don't go anywhere guys--It is really helping me day by day to read your comments!!! I appreciate you all, and as the Grand Funk Railroad passes, the Blog will again get much more positive, and

I'll once again be EL CAPITAN!!!

Enjoy an oldie! PUT THE HEADPHONES ON AND CRANK IT UP--LISTEN TO EVERYTHING--IT IS ROCK GOLD FROM ARGUABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST PERIODS OF MUSIC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SONG IS FROM 1970--THE YEAR THE FOOTBALL PIC WAS TAKEN!!!!



Everybody, listen to me,
And return me, my ship.
I'm your captain, I'm your captain,
Though I'm feeling mighty sick.

I've been lost now, days uncounted,
And it's months since I've seen home.
Can you hear me, can you hear me,
Or am I all alone.

If you return me, to my home port,
I will kiss you mother earth.
Take me back now, take me back now,
To the port of my birth.

Am I in my cabin dreaming, or are you really scheming,
To take my ship away from me?

You'd better think about it, I just can't live without it.
So, please don't take my ship from me.
Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

I can feel the hand, of a stranger,
And it's tightening, around my throat.
Heaven help me, Heaven help me,
Take this stranger from my boat.

I'm your captain, I'm your captain,
Though I'm feeling mighty sick.
Everybody, listen to me,
And return me, my ship.

I'm your captain, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
I'm your captain, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
I'm your captain, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
I'm your captain, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
Ohhhh ...

I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
I'm getting closer to my home ...
Repeated to fade



Going to drive up North of Boone NC. to see my baby sister. She is 8 years younger than I, and as I saved from her from frequent terror attacks from my Brother who is 4 years younger than I--making him 4 years Older than her (the MIDDLE child)...Chinese Water torture, wrist burn, and frogs--those knuckle hits on the arm that make an instant bump rise up-Damn those hurt!!

He is 4 years my Junior so being the middle one- he terrorized my sister, and since he couldn't whup me, I was her savior, and Big Brother that could do no wrong! Till she grew up and I fell of my pedestal when she realized I had faults.

I remember the first time she saw me kiss my girlfriend in the driveway-and she told me IT devastated her! You really have no idea what people see, and think that young! She is a very very wise woman!!! She then found out I had smoked Pot in college and that blew her mind!!!!

I really appreciate and love my Brother and Sister very much--and am reconnecting with both. We have NEVER had words or problems--time and drifting apart with separate lives just steals time! I'm making it a point to call both weekly or every two weeks.

Time passes way to quickly and it is doing my Mother's heart so good to know that we are getting close again.

Do you have someone in your family you need to reconnect with. Maybe even bury the Hatchet so to speak.

Is there someone you just can't reconnect with do to a past wrong?

UNFORGIVNESS will eat away at you like Cancer! Now of course I don't no all the facts, and have no right to but in...but..... (snicker)-- is it something you could consider? Just a thought..............

LOVE YOU ALL,

Time waits for no one-------

FROM CHILD- TO JUNIOR HIGH PIC, TO MID TO LATE 20'S, TO SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, TO 2 WEEKS AGO....IT PASSES BY.......... USE IT WISELY...
LIVE IN THE MOMENT(S).

JMc