Saturday, March 20, 2010

SQUIRREL- HIT BY IED-G !!






BEFORE



















AFTER














I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THE SQUIRREL IN THE PICTURE IS NO LONGER WITH US. HE DIED EARLY THIS AM BY LED POISONING FROM AN IED-G.

I EMPTIED DE-GUN!

We have 15 to 20 right around the house and another 30 in the woods. This one has been getting under the house and into the walls and chewing Lord knows what. I let our Lab- Hope get him and he bit her on the nose and cheek.

They bonded so well! Now all I have to say is hunt- and she runs over to the .22. All I used to say was Squirrel and she would run out and bark and scare them off. Well after 5 years or so they got used to it!

NEW AND IMPROVED SQUIRRELS THAT REALIZE THERE IS A FENCE BETWEEN THE BARK AND THE BITE- CALL FOR NEW TACTICS!

IED-G's!


I started to take pictures- but after some thought I spared you the gory details. De-Tail was about all that was left.
SEE PICS ABOVE!

Gross I know- but part of the CYCLE OF LIFE!

HAKUNA MATATA!

I PRETENDED IT WAS JESSE JAMES, AND AFTER HE HURT MY SANDRA BULLOCK, IT WAS EASY TO DO! I HUNTED ALL MY LIFE, BUT I HAVEN'T KILLED ANYTHING FOR SPORT IN 7-10 YEARS. DEER ARE JUST TOO PRECIOUS!

About 7 years ago I shot a Doe for meat- I Love it in Chili and Burgers it's so lean. We have far too many Deer and they cause Millions in crop damage and Thousands if not more including losss of life in vehicular homicide! I think it's their way of comitting suicide!

Anyway I walked up to that Doe, stared at her and sobbed, I mean cried my eyes out for 30 minutes! I have never shot another deer even though I have been hunting with friends and had the opportunity many times. Funny how we change isn't it.

THE CAMERA IS NOW MY WEAPON OF CHOICE- (mostly). PLEASE SEND SYMPATHY POSTS FOR ME HAVING TO KILL THAT SQUIRREL, I FELL SOOO.......NAH-!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER MIND- IT WAS WORTH IT TO SAVE THE HOUSE AND SEE THE DOG HAVE FUN AND GET BIT!


J

OH, Why don't I trap them and let them go? Because our Landlord traps them at his house and lets them go here! I truly could NEVER begin to trap all these Squirrels! If I have to kill anymore- I will definitely eat them. They are truly delicious:

THEY DO NOT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN
AND FRY UP WONDERFULLY!

6 comments:

  1. Red squirrels are a dying breed here in England, the greys have taken over! And they make such a mess of everything. We have electric fences to keep them where they belong.
    I couldn't kill another living animal...that is not my right, but it brought tears to my eyes when I read about you killing a deer. I even cried at "Bambi"!
    Here, foxes are the main cause of all the trouble, they will kill half a dozen chickens and only take one!
    Life certainly has a weird way of culling itself at times, but I guess that you are right about the circle of life.
    It wasn't that long ago when we used to have Hunting Parties here, but that was foxes and game birds that we used to hold. The birds were specially bred for hunting.

    Thank you for leaving a comment on my site. It seems that we have a lot in common, although I lost my way with religion a while ago now.
    Hope that you don't hold that against me, but if you read some of my older posts you will understand why.
    I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice,

    Religion is so personal---I would NEVER hold that against you! That is one of the main things that give Christians or any other Religion a bad rap. You have a Religion--it is your personal belief system and no one has a right to question or judge you on it!!!

    I understand about the Foxes--we are now fighting Coyotes. I would never have shot that squirrel (a Grey) if he wasn't tearing up the house and eating the wiring under there. He is also sorry was- tearing up the insulation to get inside the walls and run around, freaking out the Cats, Dog and Wife!!!!

    Thanks so much for your wonderful comments and I will visit you often, and I welcome you back with open arms-- YOU HEATHEN- LOL-JUST KIDDING!!!!!

    I'd love to go back and read some of the older posts--I too have slidden back several times!!! What time period were the posts in the archives, or will the titles let me know. I'm always interested in the person, so "I" can grow and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that, I appreciate it very much.
    I was brought up to believe that there were three things that you never spoke of...money, religion and taxes! Well, they all affect us in one way or another, but I do respect other people's views!

    There are just some things a girl just never talks about...we have to keep you guys on your toes!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how can I get to know you only to be a Male Chauvinist Pig and say something utterly STOOPID!!!! LOL...

    You inspired this blog today.

    Gracias mi Amiga!!

    Always Hugs back!!!! I am truly a hugger. I think it is so cathartic.

    To Life!!!!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember my squirrel problems a few years ago? I still think it's crazy we can't kill the f*ers.

    This year, coyotes are apparently a problem everywhere in Southern and not so Southern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep- I do--and I haven't started feeding the Birds yet, and I'm overrun!!! But these were eating the House!!!


    J

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: