Sunday, March 14, 2010

EXPERIENCING GOD--BACK ON TRACK!

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION ON 2012?



EXPERIENCING GOD!

Do-Over’s are awesome. We rarely get them in life, but I have had the Blessing from God of having had several recently. One came from a financial meeting I had with a dear friend from Church we used to attend regularly. The Term Experiencing God, comes from a Book and Phenomenal Bible Workshop by Henry Blackaby. In this- he talks about certain pivotal point and factors in your life. One of these is a Spiritual Marker.

This is a very important time in your walk with Christ that makes a big impact on you spiritually---duh!—hence- Spiritual Marker. I started this Blog to help me transfer from journaling in notebooks to online where I thought it would be easier to do. In some aspects it has, and early on I did not ever think I would open it up for anyone to read. I also had an entire Blog- called..Shhhhh…God’s Talking that I used exclusively for Christian teaching etc.

I reached a Spiritual Marker tonight and got back on the path to go Full-On Forward aging. I lost my identity for awhile and compromised my beliefs as well as my character. I am going to rectify my travels. To any and all Christians I may have offended I sincerely apologize. In trying to “Not be a Hypocrite” I have not only walked a fence, but fallen more often than not into the worldly side of the pasture.

I have my friend and her husband through this financial counseling appointment, where I discovered after my Disability (which was a major Life changer and Spiritual Marker by the way) to thank for helping me see where I needed to return. How I needed to get back on the right path to go Full-On Forward, because we did get a Do-Over financially- not unlike the Do-Over that God gives us every day- when He extends His Grace and Mercy to us in forgiveness.

I can’t wait to return to the proper posts that I am supposed to be doing, and hopefully making this a site to still be visited for the honest to goodness struggles of a Christian- walking the fence in this world.

“I wish that you were hot or cold, to paraphrase says God, because at least then you are being honest. But to be lukewarm- (playing) both sides of the fence- “Makes me SICK”!!! This scripture has haunted me since I became a Christian. Along with the fear of never hearing, “Well done, my good and faithful servant”, along with the crushing thought of hearing, “Depart from Me- I don’t know you!”, from the lips of My Lord.

Come back and visit as we continue along honestly and with all the humor and weirdness that makes up John. But it will hopefully be quite a different path for a while. Hope, Positive messages, laughter, honesty, and openness will be the mantra. I’m putting up a Spiritual Marker and getting back to my roots. I have a lot I desire to say and if any of you find it uplifting, edifying, fun- keep visiting. I am going to Blog more than I have in recent months, because I WANT TO AGAIN !!!

Can I have a Do-Over?

Sure I can. It’s my Blog and it’s basically for me. But I have a feeling God will send certain people by at exactly the right time for a pick me up, or a word of encouragement. But it will be from a contrite and penitent heart. Yes, I will slip. But I know into whose arms I will fall!

THANKS TO MY TWO FAITHFUL FRIENDS WHO HAVE HELPED ME BACK ON THE CORRECT PATH. YOU MEAN MORE TO SANDI AND I THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. AND THEY DON’T EVEN KNOW I HAD A BLOG UNTIL TONIGHT. COOL. THING IS, THAT AS CHRISTIANS; WHILE THEY MAY BE DISAPPOINTED AND A LITTLE SURPRISED BY MOST OF THE POSTS- THEY WILL NEVER JUDGE ME.

I—HAVE BEEN THE HYPOCRITE- ALL THE WHILE LOOKING FOR ACCEPTANCE AS A CHRISTIAN THROUGH COMPROMISE, AND NOT THE HONESTY AND INTEGRITY I STARTED OUT WITH ON THIS JOURNEY.

THANK YOU GOD—FOR DO-OVERS. YOU ALL GET ONE TOO , ON ME! DON’T THANK ME, JUST SEND MONEY! SEE- SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!

Back In Christ,

JOHN


4 comments:

  1. I knew you would, John. It is a struggle indeed - for EVERYONE. The old nature and the new wage war everyday. Just remember...you are sealed by God. That's permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel-- Somehow I knew you would like that! Thanks for the Confirmation. It always feels good to know that TOGETHER we are stronger.

    Thanks,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need each other. I am NO exception. We will never be perfect in this fallen world. It won't be corrected until He comes again. THAT is a fact. All we can do is try and try again. He loves us anyway and He understands us. Best of all he forgives us. We all need that!

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: