Wednesday, January 28, 2009

DELL DELL AGAIN DELL!!!!

I JUMPED THROUGH MORE HOOPS YESTERDAY AND FINALLY GOT AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER REP . SHE AND HER MANAGER WERE TO CALL ME AT 9:00-9:15 EST. IT'S (9:45 AND I MUST LEAVE FOR WORK- AND THEY KNEW THAT IT WAS IMPERATIVE THEY CALL BEFORE 9:30! NO CALL. ALSO- RETURNS DEPARTMENT AT DELL WAS ABSOLUTELY NASTY- I WAS TRANSFERRED TO 4 PEOPLE AFTER MY SALES REP SAID SHE WAS TRANSFERRING ME TO SOMEONE WHO COULD HELP---NO RESOLUTION ON RETURNING TV CARD AS I STILL HAVE NO LAPTOP TO PUT IT IN!!!!
AT DELL ARE SAYING THEY WANT TAKE BACK A tv CARD OR PAY SHIPPING SINCE IT IS BEYOND THEIR 21 DAY GRACE PERIOD.

I'M NOT A VERY HAPPY CAMPER. EVEN THE OFFER THEY OFFERED ME IS NOT QUITE UP TO PAR, BUT I NEED A PRODUCT,

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.


I'M ANGRY AS DELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

J