Saturday, January 12, 2008

HELP WITH QUESTION

I have a little 6 meg Pix camera that does a really fair job for point and shoot, battery life is excellent etc.

Q. I carry extra Batteries in my pocket. I also carry an extra 512 mb SD Memory card as well as the one in the Camera. Never know when you'll see a 200 lb Southern Wood Weasel.

Could carrying the batteries and the Memory Card in the same pocket cause problems with the Memory Card. I remember when old Memory Media was very sensitive if left near a hard drive etc.

NO COMMENTS ABOUT PROXIMITY OF POCKET AND POTENTIAL DRIVE J !!!!!!! LOL

Just curious, John

Seems like Batteries may be too weak, but being up against each other I just wondered?

Guess what next Post will contain?

Kitty Pictures, Southern Wood Weasel-----who knows! Only the Shadow- and he ain't talkin.

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't think so or there would be some warning.

    Should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as the memory is in it's little plastic box it should be fine.

    the biggest enemy of those cards is static electricty. Be sure and not rub your feet on the carpet before changing cards.

    I bought a nicad battery charger for the car so I could always have fresh batteries to change out even when on the road. It really comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two!! I really appreciate the advice. I have a charger for home but the Car charger is a must! Thanks for the reminder Hammer.

    I agree Poopsie- didn't think of that -good commonsensical approach!!!!

    PS: I am so afraid of Static Electricity! Not afraid- but damn I hate that pop! Those suckers can hurt sometimes! What a whimp huh?

    Thanks again,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popping in to say hello, and see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol- you ain't right!!!! THAT'S WHY WE LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey John, I know I'm a few days late...

    I've actually washed and dried my cards (on accident of course, gotta check those pockets!)and they're still fine. Mine are SD cards, but working in a camera store I haven't come across anyone who's had a card go south.

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: