Monday, July 2, 2007

6 WORDS I NEVER WANTED TO SAY!!

I'M OFF TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT!

DANG. SCARY BUT TRUE.

After 29 years in medicine I recently had a positive PPD. 14 mm and had never even had so much as a red dot. For non-medicals that's the test they give a lot of peole to test for Tuberculosis. We do a lot of LEGAL Immigration PPD's at our Urgent Scare and a lot of these nice people react as positive since they have been given the Preventative Inoculation in other countries.

But evidently I got sprayed in the face somehow. Our little assessment room is small and you get a family of 5 in there and well....

My chest x-ray was unchanged from a year ago so everything should be fine. It's a precautionary follow-up that anyone with a pos PPD has to do and I think VERY GOOD Policy. I may have to take the INH just for kicks since I did have the Bypass Surgery. They just want to make sure it doesn't lie there and then pop out like an Alien during my sleep.

Just checking with da Nursing Thugs--Yo Ho's- ya'll needz any Penischizzle fo da drizzle while I'm outnaboutn? nowhaimsayin?

Put in an order.

J

4 comments:

  1. With all the TB going around, (They are saying 30% infection rates in 3rd word immigrants you can't be too careful.)

    Glad your Xray came out ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your chest x-ray turned out okay, John !

    Happy Monday to you !

    And excuse my ignorance, is a penischizzle what I think it is ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hammer-

    Talk about needing to close our borders- a lot of active TB is now coming from MEXICO- she showed me the demographis from WHO (World Health) and the red goes from S. Calif, Arizona, Texas, jumps to Fla and comes right through SC- the exact path that the Migrant Workers take. Our population of Hispanics has grown from 3,000 to 15,000 in 3 years.

    We treat many of them at Urgent Care since they don't have Primary Care docs- and we also do a lot of Immigeration PPD's. They are generally great family oriented hard working people, but the hygeine dept is compromised!

    Thanks for the good wishes.

    ANNIE!!! Laughing my butt off! It's supposed to be for Penicillin--freudian slip on my part- did not realize it was penis---LMBO!! see BabsRn and Crass-Pollination for the Thugs ER stream-

    Happy 4th

    Poop- I am fine- this is the dormant stage- I cannot pass it on and one pill a day will cure it in 6-9 months!

    Thanks all for the concern.
    Love and Happy 4th to everyone-

    Let's don't take our freedom for granted this year!!

    John

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: