Saturday, July 14, 2007

PERSPECTIVE

Now, THIS is really fascinating -
it's rather dazzling to see it presented this way:





I certainly thought this was enlightening. Beyond our sun
it's a big universe.





Earth is Invisible on this scale!+

Antares is the 15th brightest star in the sky.
It is more than 1000 light years away..





TRY to wrap your mind around this.........

This is a Hubble Telescope Ultra Deep Field Infrared View of countless "ENTIRE" Galaxies Billions of Light-Years Away.






Below is a close up of one of the darkest regions of the picture above:









Now how big are you?

Keep life in perspective.

and don't sweat the small stuff!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday afternoon John,
    That is pretty amazing !!! Really makes me think that there MUST be life on other planets that we just don't know about because it is too far away...
    Makes me wonder about the nature of God and the Universe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does..my faith in God is very strong...but there is soooo much we just don't know when you see it on this scale. We're pretty small huh?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dare you post a pic of ur-anus on the internet... does your wife know?

    Yeah I know lame joke but that's all I could come up with. Give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really neat. I haven't ever seen it put in that perspective before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poop-

    I only share uranus--I mean my....
    now you have me all messed up! LOL
    I'm LOL at your Lame joke anyway!!!!\

    John

    Hammer- I thought that was a pretty awesome visual myself. I mean- talk about BIG- just goes to show how finite we are!!

    John

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: