Friday, July 13, 2007

MY VISION OF GOD-& THE COST OF THE VISION


"In the year King Uzziah died, I saw also the Lord." Isaiah 6:1 (Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest Devotional for Friday July 13, 2007

"MY VISION OF GOD DEPENDS UPON THE STATE OF MY CHARACTER"

Our intimate relation and our souls relationship with God depends on the passing or getting rid of, or more correctly- putting God in the Place of one of our Hero's-(Friends, idols, mentors, etc.)

God has to remove our friends to put Himself in their place and this is usually where we kick and scream and pitch a fit, faint and get discouraged. "I didn't know God was gonna cause me to lose friends. He will if that friend is taking first place of God in your Heart. If that friend is more loved and more attention is given that friend- then God will resign that friend to second, third or fourth or maybe no place at all!

Don't take it personally- In the year I gave my all to the Lord- this person died. In the year I promised God my undying allegiance- this friend got ill. In the time I gave my Life to Jesus for Him to run it completely- this friend got disheartened and left his wife! What's up?- God do I have to give up everything.???

God said Count the Cost-! If you want to make Him Lord. Leader, King of your life he cannot but have First and only First Place. Your Vision of God depends on your Character, and Character determines revelation. Before I can say "I saw the Lord," there must be something corresponding to God in my Character.

Before I am Born from Above- with a new heart and new spiritual eyes to see and ears to hear- I see along the lines of my prejudices only; I need the Surgical Steel Scalpel in the Master Surgeons' hand getting rid of external events and cutting away "Junk" to give me internal purification!

It must be GOD 1ST, GOD 2ND, and GOD 3RD until the Life is faced steadily with God and no one else is of any account whatsoever. It's Us and God alone. He & I- Inseparable until I know Him and Him alone as my sustain er, supplier, healer- my everything!

"In all the world God, there is none but you- NONE BUT YOU". Keep paying the price (of being pruned for God- and giving up self to serve others. Let GOD see that you are willing to live up to the Vision!!!

Love to all,

John

Where there is no vision- my people perish. Do you have a vision, a dream, a mission statement that includes God in every aspect of your life? Every detail?
Think about drawing on never ending Love and Power and having the Master Craftsman carve out a life for you from the TREE of LIFE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Incredibly smart relies: