Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BE CAREFUL JUST PICKING SCRIPTURES

This is one of the problems with just opening a Bible and pointing to a scripture and "just reading". The devotional for July 26th- Thursday, the day I went to the Hospital with Chest Pain-

OUT OF THE HEART PROCEED..... Matthew 15- 18-20

18-But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19-For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20-These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "



And in the Margin: "Either Jesus Christ is the supreme Authority on the Human Heart, or He is not worth paying attention too." OK--OK-- coincidence--maybe but in the other devotional book was this one!! Billy Graham's-

JUL 26: ".... willing to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

HOLD ON__ STOP THE PRESSES:
OK- I believe--I believe-- I BELIVE I WANT TO STAY MY BUTT HERE A LITTLE WHILE LONGER IF IT'S OK WITH YOU!!!!!

I truly believe I'm going to Heaven. Yes- I'm one of those....but I don't have to believe it has to be right NOW! I don't have to lie and pretend it's just a door a passage from one realm into another. I DO believe that- but when it comes right down to it- even with Faith that there is Nothing to fear in death- but, given a choice--

MY VOTE IS ------ HERE!!!!!!

OK- so those were creepily timed..or were they?? But- hey--I think Steve Austin is Steve Irwin- so what do I know- And AD- I actually MET and talked to the 6 million dollar man at a Dave Thomas' celebrity Golf Tournament in Cola. Glenn Campbell played the g'tar and ahemmmm.. I think his "real" name is Lee Majors but I'm sure I screwed that up too- was sooooo drunk and mad that his 19 or 20 year old Ho' was acting up on him back home. And to realize that even though he could change a tire barehanded in 16.2 seconds making the sound of an air impact wrench- here he was- just like the rest of us after inflation and cost of Living. $9.99 Man!!!!

Going for Cath at 7:00 am THURSDAY and will Blog as soon as I can sit up and type.

Feel absolutely OK about this- and I didn't have any feelings toward it one way or the other until today. OK- well I was leaning more toward the scared- O' Shit side- but now I'm more toward the OK- Let's Get R' Done- to quote- Wally the Cable Guy- or is it Harry?

Nope- Not Nervous- Not nervous at all! ;-)

John

2 comments:

Incredibly smart relies: