Friday, June 8, 2007

the HOLIDAY--GREAT MOVIE!!!!

I just spent 136 minutes with my wife watching what is by all accounts a "Chic Flick" It was awesome. I laughed, I cried, I reminisced, I thought, I got angry, I reflected and I could hardly wait to write about how I felt. There are so many emotions running around in my head right now I''m not sure how to handle them all. I don't know if these have been repressed and were coming to a head or if this silly movie released this flood of conflicting feelings...or what. It's rare that a movie elicits such strong emotions or really even gets me to a point where I actually think about it beyond just the entertainment quality.

I'd be very interested to see if any of you have seen or after you see this movie if it even comes close to illiciting the same response if any in you. I doubt it will as it's not that type of movie. Not bent on being an Oscar winner or anything- it just hit me at exactly the right time to bring out all these mostly positive emotions and really great feelings. The movie is Nancy Myers' "the Holiday" with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law and Kate Winslet (from the Director of "Something's Gotta Give and What Women Want.

I still can't believe that this movie about unrequieted love (sounds like I know what I'm talking about doesn't it) and conflict and emotional scars and tears or lack thereof--it's just really damned good! I would love to get some feedback if any of you have seen or ask around to any of your blogmates to see if they have seen this movie.

I just love it when a lot of very strong feelings- be they positive or negative--usually both come out at one time!!

Will write more later.

John

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it. But I usually don't do chick flicks. Isn't that weird?

    Do you have the clap yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet-- but I FEEL uh yeah I FEEL uh, the Symptoms ah comin oN a! Yes my brethren I do feel- a the symptoms a a comin on a!

    Evangelist with the Clap- Next Showing 2:00 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to answer your question--Not really, kinda.

    ReplyDelete

Incredibly smart relies: